Top Ten Tips in Case of An Auto Accident
1. Stop (never flee from scene of accident) & call police (even if minor accident, a record is important) and/ or ambulance (if injured parties are in need of medical attention).
2. If possible move your car to a safe area.
3. Gather information/evidence (use your phone to take pictures of the scene, any injuries, damage to vehicles, license plates, insurance information).
4. Write down any witness information (this can make or break your case, if liability is not determined).
5. Please do NOT post details of your accident or injuries on social media (this can work against your in court).
6. NEVER admit fault to any parties (passengers, other drivers, dog, cat, pedestrian, witness, you get the point! A simple “I’m sorry I didn’t see you” is enough to make you liable for the accident. )
7. Contact an experienced auto-accident attorney right away (I provide FREE consultations & do not collect a fee for representation until we collect compensation for your injuries).
8. Know your rights (contact me and get FREE legal advice; I can help you determine which insurance company(s) will be applicable to the accident and we can call them together to set up a claim, if necessary; I can provide advice or insight to any concerns you may have in regards to an insurance company’s request for a recorded statement, and I can help you avoid entering into a premature and one-sided settlement agreement with an insurance company).
9. If you’re an Uber/Lyft driver obtain the information of your passenger(s); if your a passenger obtain the information of all drivers involved
10. TAKE A DEEP BREATH & CONTACT MALDONADO LAW FIRM, PLLC RIGHT AWAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION. WE CAN HELP. (I can be reached outside normal work hours via email/DM/SMS/VM)
Please note: I am licensed to practice law in MD & DC. Further, this is not legal advice as each situation gives way to its own unique advice. Lastly, please note, that a post/ad/blog does not create an attorney-client relationship, a consultation and signed agreement must take place before I provide official representation.